- Do you want to edit files on your remote linux server from your windows desktop using your favorite editor (Crimson Editor may be)?
- Have your linux server already an SSH server properly configured?
- Is your linux configuration mana low?(WOW addicts will understand this question)
- If you have answered YES to all the former questions, this blog entry may be helpful for you.
Steps to configure WinScp for remote editing
1) Access prefrerences dialog
2) Click on Editors section
3) Add your editor to the list, and update the filter if you want. I added the cedit.exe (Crimsom Editor executable) and I kept the filter as generic *.* then I moved the cedit list entry up to the top of the list to set it as default editor for all files
4) To edit your files just right-click the file on the winscp remote explorer and your editor will be invoked. Whenever you save your file, winscp will upload the file to the remote sever